Saturday 28 September 2013

Dreaming of the Great Escape

Pristine Beaches & Clear Blue Water are high on out priority list.
Have you ever wondered what it would feel like to run away...leaving it all behind to chase new adventure?  
A Watersport Wonderland.

The last few years have seen my mind frequently wander & sometimes dwell on the very idea of escaping the daily grind for a simpler existence.  Don't get me wrong, it's not like I dislike my City life, life for me it is in fact pretty good, really good actually,there are no complaints other than for whatever reason I crave a "simpler" life, an interesting & confusing revelation for one who has for the greater part of her life been an avid consumer, party girl & seeker of all things new, wonderful & usually unnecessary, the greatest of my weaknesses being designer shoes & handbags....an addiction I am still not quite ready to part with.  How is it then, other than the afore mentioned addiction I now covet nothing more than simplicity, a comfortable place to rest my head, fresh organic food to nourish my body, the occasional cold beer & the freedom to wander?
Fresh Organic Food for the Soul.

I'm sure like me, many of you share my running away fantasy, for most of us it is a fleeting moment, an unrealistic tilt to the impossible, though not for me this time, the constant annoying nagging in my head that little voice daring me to be brave "what are you waiting for...chicken" "You only live once...chicken" blah blah blah & so on goading me on a daily basis to take action,to be brave enough to seek the life you crave.
The Locals.

First port of call on my "Action Plan" to make this yearning a reality was to run my latest wonderful idea of "The Great Escape" past my Husband, I should add at this point, this is not my first "wonderful idea" a great number of which haven't always been met with great enthusiasm from my dearly beloved.  This time however it's different, with little resistance from the "Great Practical One" (AKA My Husband) the greatest barrier had tumbled, he too had been dreaming of the simple life, clearing the way for the exploration of new possibilities & the green light to start gently moving towards a different life, an experience I have decided to share via this blog just in case you too are planning your own escape. 

With every dream comes the boring stuff, the logistic's of making that dream a reality...in this instance there are so many questions....where shall we go, where will we live, what will we do with the life we have created here, how will we do it?  I am sure there will be many tantrums, endless frustrations & plenty of obstacles in getting this adventure off the ground, so buckle up pay attention & enjoy the ride even when it gets a bit bumpy.

As nerve wracking as it is exciting the thought of changing ones life in such a drastic way takes careful thought, consideration & planning.  All going well we have decided to spend 6 months of each year enjoying our Island life making new plans & decisions as time unfolds, making a complete & permanent leap into the unknown is just a little too scary for a security lover like myself.

The most important decision has found its first player....Where will we go?  Given our desire is for an Island Paradise, pristine water & natural beauty being at the top of our list followed closely by a slower, simpler pace of life, with easy access from our home City, Brisbane, Australia.  It was Vanuatu that entered our radar very early in the search, an easy direct 2 1/2 hour direct flight from Brisbane, a land abundant in natural beauty & home to the famously friendly Ni-Vanuatu people.  Formerly know as the New Hebrides and referred to as the friendliest place on Earth it has peaked our interest and so the adventure begins. 
Ni~Vanuatu Children at Play in the Friendlies place on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment